Wednesday 20 June 2012

How the Universe Works


I Asked For Strength

I asked for strength, I was given difficulties to make me strong.

I asked for wisdom, I was given problems to solve.

I asked for courage, I was given obstacles to overcome.

I asked for favors, I was given opportunities.

I asked for love, I was given people who need love.

I received nothing I thought I wanted and everything I needed.

Live each moment without fear.

Confront the difficulties, problems and obstacles before you and you will overcome them.

Recognize opportunities and you shall learn to learn from everything.

Love yourself, and others will love you.

And always…remember to breathe.


This poem has appeared on the internet in many versions in support of various faith groups, often starting with “I asked God for…” or “I asked Allah for…” but this non-denomination version is the only one I’ve found on the internet which credits the poem to a writer - Aaron Hoopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment